As I sit on the plane back to Ann Arbor (aka The North Pole in my book), I think back on my trip to Grenada and ponder the various lessons I have learned while being in what I like to call “A Little Taste of Heaven”.
1. Sunblock and insect repellant are your best friends. You may have an interesting scent, but hey, you won’t be red and itchy 🙂
2. The honking of car horns means, “Hello”, as opposed to other places like NYC where it means, “Hurry up!”, “Move!”
3. There is a way to effectively multitask work and play…..wifi on the beach definitely helps in that process
4. Sometimes getting lost is the best way to learn the lay of the land
5. A little kindness goes a long way. Especially in Grenada, people will bend over backwards to help one another
6. Try every new food at least once, twice if you like it! Along the same lines, ask questions about what you are eating after you have eaten it….things like shark, cow heel soup, oxtail are quite delicious!
7. Marriage proposals from strangers are the best form of flattery 0:-)
8. Be open-minded…TRY EVERYTHING….talk to people….enrich your experience that much more by making new friends and immersing yourself in the culture.
9. Take tons of pictures so you can remember the beautiful scenery
10. Be thankful and grateful for such an amazing opportunity such as this!
On that note, I end my last Grenada blog. This experience has exceeded my expectations. Every conversation, every experience, every minute, even the sunburn and every mosquito bite was worth it. I traveled with an amazing team and I would not have changed a thing. (Inside joke: Darth Vaders unite!! :-))
It isn’t goodbye Grenada…its see ya later!!